AFRICA REGIONAL FORUM HELD IN NAIROBI
JUNE 8-13, 2015
A week long forum under the theme, "Church Life and Holistic Ministry in Africa: Bridging the Gaps" was held at the Rosa Mystica Spiritual Centre, in Nairobi Kenya from 8 to 13 June 2015. The Forum brought together Provincial Secretaries and the Provincial Development Directors from Anglican Provinces in Africa. Also in attendance were Anglican Alliance - Africa Board of Trustees and Advisory Council members.
Above Rev Canon Amos Magezi, PS Church of Uganda receiving certificate of participation
Below participants listen keenly during the forum (LtoR) John Lumori PS Episcopal Church of South Sudan and Sudan, Rev Canon Johnson Chinyong'ole, PS Tanzania, Canon Eliud Njeru of Christian Aid
The Objectives of the Forum were:
1. To provide a space for participants to reflect on their work in the mission and ministry of Christ using the 5 marks of Mission as a yardstick.
2. To develop national based advocacy messages that contribute to the realization of the Post-2015 development agenda based on the performance of MDGs
3. To consolidate regional focus areas for engagement with Regional Integration Agencies (Regional Hubs like EAC, ECOWAS, Arab League and SADC)
4. To create a forum for sharing of innovations in:
a. Enabling structures for effective holistic mission in Provinces.
b. Responding to epidemics and disasters
c. Responding to internal political strife & conflict
d. Responding to GBV
e. Responding to Interfaith tensions
f. Economic empowerment
5. To deepen prayer support, strengthen relationships and collaboration among Provinces (fellowship)
6. To deepen understanding and opportunities for accompaniment of Provinces by CAPA
7. To deepen prayer support, share learning and enhance partnerships with other Provinces outside Africa