PROVINCE DE L’EGLISE ANGLICANE DU CONGO
The Most Revd Zacharie Masimango Katanda
Location: Avenue de l’Université, Kinshasa, Congo – Kinshasa
Phone: +243 973 607 090
The Ven Anthonio Kibwela
Mr Alain Batondela
Ugandan evangelist Apolo Kivebulaya established the Anglican presence in Zaire in 1896. The Church reached the Shaba region in 1955, but evangelization did not progress on a large scale until the 1970s. Following independence, the Church expanded and formed dioceses as part of the Province of Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, and Boa-Zaire. The new Province was inaugurated in 1992 and changed its name in 1997.